Character: Draco Malfoy
Disclaimer: JKR owns. I only play. You do not sue.
Length: 700 words
Note: Written for iulia_linnea's HP Character Random Facts/Things Meme Compilation.
Concrit: Always welcome and appreciated.
- Draco Malfoy was born on June 5th, 1980, as the moon entered into its third quarter. Draco weighed in at 4 pounds and 3 ounces, after intensive labour that lasted 18 hours and left his mother Narcissa nearly dead from exhaustion. The day of Draco's birth coincided with the beginning of the month of Núr (Light), according to the Bahá'í calendar.
- Draco was a quiet child, not at all fussy, until he figured out that crying, shouting, and stomping his feet always got him what he wanted.
- When Draco was six, he accidentally dyed his hair, eyebrows and eyelashes dark green. He has been deathly afraid of Merpeople ever since. His Boggart is a snarling Merperson with shining orange eyes and a trident, thick blood running perpetually from the tines.
- Draco only likes white and dark chocolate; none of that in-between stuff for him, thanks.
- The story about Draco avoiding a Muggle helicopter on his toy broomstick? It's true.
- Draco doesn't like alcohol. When he was fourteen, he drank too much Firewhisky during a party in the Slytherin common room. He hadn't felt too drunk but when he went to bed, the world spun every time he closed his eyes, then he proceeded to be violently sick for two hours. Since then, he doesn't touch alcohol, unless it's elderflower wine.
- Draco hates personal responsibility if it isn't combined with some sort of authority. He's never been interested in having a pet, for example -- there just isn't anything interesting about taking care of a thing that does nothing but eat, sleep and occasionally look cute. He did well enough as a school prefect, however.
- Draco has a habit of talking to himself out loud when no one's around. Sometimes they're just disconnected snippets of thoughts, sometimes they're full sentences. He is ashamed of this, and is often terrified that someone will walk in on him mid-sentence.
- Draco cannot produce a corporeal Patronus yet. This causes him serious frustration, because he knows that Potter can do it, and anything Potter can do, surely Draco can do it better.
- Draco is revolted by everything made by Muggles. He especially hates cars; they smell horrible and make far too much unnecessary noise.
- Potions was never Draco's favourite subject. He only applied himself to the best of his ability in Potions lessons to garner favour with his Head of House.
- Draco didn't buy his way onto the Slytherin team. He won the Seeker position fair and square; Lucius Malfoy bought the team brooms as a reward for Draco's performance, not as an incentive to take his son on as Seeker. That Potter and his friends are sure he bought his way onto the team is only telling of what poor sports the Gryffindors are.
- Draco couldn't care less about his hair. He doesn't spend an inordinate amount of time conditioning and applying potions. His hair is naturally that fabulous.
- Draco's favourite Quidditch memory is that of a Falmouth Falcons vs Holyhead Harpies match in 1987. Falcons Seeker Hagglewater managed to get to the Snitch first, despite the loudly mewling cat that had been cursed onto the top of his head by one of the opposing team's supporters.
- Draco hates having his photograph taken. He never looks like himself in photographs.
- On Valentine's Day in Draco's fifth year, he took Pansy Parkinson to Madam Puddifoot's. Pansy wasn't particularly pleased, because he spent most of their time there eyeing a seventh-year Ravenclaw. What especially incensed Pansy was that the Ravenclaw was a boy.
- Every time Draco used to board the Hogwarts Express, he would fantasise about it failing to stop at Hogwarts, and going further north, until there was nothing around but solid ice and a clear blue sky.
- Draco got the Hand of Glory for Christmas in his second year at Hogwarts.
- Draco has always fancied himself mature for his age. He's been wrong. Only recently he has begun to realise just how wrong.
- Draco has decided to defect from the Dark Lord's side. What he doesn't know is that his decision -- spoken out loud to himself in the tiny, cramped room at Spinner's End -- was overheard by a small rat with a silver paw.