I have no intelligent additions, but I would like to know -- aside from "it should use proper grammar and spelling", what do you think makes a good fic summary? Should it:
- explain the plot?
- only give a teaser of the plot?
- quote a line from the fic that you think is particularly reflective of what the fic is about?
- contain a laundry list of things appearing in the fic?
- contain a list of things completely unrelated to the fic?
- involve pie in some way?
- be a mini-story (1-5 sentences) of its own?
- be short or long?