"Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom," said Pansy Parkinson, a hard-faced Slytherin girl. "Never thought you'd like fat little crybabies, Parvati."
"Hey, Potter!" shrieked Pansy Parkinson, a Slytherin girl with a face like a pug. "Potter! The Dementors are coming, Potter! Wooooooooo!"
"They should fire him straight away!" said Pansy Parkinson, who was in tears.
"I'm going to see if [Draco]'s okay!" said Pansy, and they all watched her run up the marble staircase.
"How is it, Draco?" simpered Pansy Parkinson. "Does it hurt much?"
When Pansy looks away, Draco drops the hurt act and winks at Crabbe and Goyle.
"Oh, very funny," Hermione said sarcastically to Pansy Parkinson and her gang of Slytherin girls, who were laughing harder than anyone...
Pansy Parkinson and the other Slytherin girls were doubled up with silent giggles, pointing at Hermione from behind Snape's back. [After Draco's Densaugeo spell hits Hermione by accident]
"Stunningly pretty? Her?" Pansy Parkinson had shrieked the first time she had come face-to-face with Hermione after Rita's article had appeared. "What was she judging against -- a chipmunk?"
Pansy Parkinson in very frilly robes of pale pink was clutching Malfoy's arm.
Pansy Parkinson gaped at [Hermione] as she walked by with Malfoy...
...even Pansy Parkinson had to work hard to conceal how much she liked them [unicorns].
Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle were standing in a huddle outside the classroom door with Pansy Parkinson and her gang of Slytherin girls. All of them were looking at something Harry couldn't see and sniggering heartily. Pansy's pug-like face peered excitedly around Goyle's broad back as Harry, Ron, and Hermione approached.
"There they are, there they are!" she giggled, and the knot of Slytherins broke apart. Harry saw that Pansy had a magazine in her hands -- Witch Weekly.
"You might find something to interest you in there, Granger," Pansy said loudly, and she threw the magazine at Hermione...
"She's really ugly," says Pansy Parkinson, a pretty and vivacious fourth-year student, "but she'd be well up to making a Love Potion, she's quite brainy. I think that's how she's doing it." [quote by Rita Skeeter]
Pansy Parkinson was whispering and giggling behind them with her gang of Slytherin girls. Catching sight of Harry, Pansy called, "Potter, have you split up with your girlfriend? Why was she so upset at breakfast?"
One of the Nifflers had suddenly leapt up and attempted to bite Pansy Parkinson's watch off her wrist. She shrieked and jumped backward.
"We'll explain later," Harry muttered. Pansy Parkinson was listening. [When Hagrid asks about Hermione after she gets the Bubotuber pus in the mail and doesn't show up for Care of Magical Creatures]
Pansy Parkinson was watching [Hermione] beadily. [As Hermione walks across the lawn to the Care of Magical Creatures class]
"And that complete cow Pansy Parkinson," said Hermione viciously. "How she got to be a prefect when she's thicker than a concussed troll..."
Draco Malfoy, followed by a small gang of cronies including Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy Parkinson...
Pansy Parkinson and the rest continued to snigger heartily as they gathered around the trestle table and, judging by the way they all kept looking over at Harry, he was able to guess the subject of the joke without much difficulty.
Pansy Parkinson gave a shriek of laughter that turned almost at once into a scream... [She's laughing at Draco's impersonation of Hermione, and screams when the Bowtruckles reveal themselves]
Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy Parkinson shrieked with laughter.
[During Ron's first Quidditch practice as Draco makes fun of Ron's broomstick]
"Hey, Johnson, what's with that hairstyle, anyway?" shrieked Pansy Parkinson from below. "Why would anyone want to look like they've got worms coming out of their head?"
Pansy Parkinson shrieked with glee. [At Draco's imitation of a person whose brains have been addled by magic]
[Umbridge] turned away, walked over to Pansy Parkinson and began questioning her about the lessons.
"Warrington's aim's so pathetic, I'd be more worried if he was aiming at the person next to me," [Harry] retorted, which made Ron and Hermione laugh and wiped the smirk off Pansy Parkinson's face.
Harry saw the pug-faced Pansy Parkinson right at the front of the stands, her back to the pitch as she conducted the Slytherin supporters...
[Pansy Parkinson has silent fits of laughter as Umbridge humiliates Hagrid by miming her words to him.]
[Umbridge walks towards Pansy, and asks her if she has trouble understanding Hagrid.]
Just like Hermione, Pansy had tears in her eyes, but these were tears of laughter indeed, her answer was almost incoherent because she was trying to suppress her giggles. "No... because... well... it sounds... like grunting a lot of the time."
[Hagrid tries to act like he hadn't heard Pansy's answer]
"Assuming they can understand you, of course," said Malfoy loudly, and Pansy Parkinson collapsed in a fit of renewed giggles.
[Pansy and Draco are in silent fits of laughter again as Umbridge leaves the Care of Magical Creatures class and mimes at Hagrid again]
[Harry] was just starting to feel confident and cheerful when a large gang of Slytherin girls passed them, including Pansy Parkinson.
"Potter and Chang!" screeched Pansy, to a chorus of snide giggles. "Urgh, Chang, I don't think much of your taste... at least Diggory was good-looking!"
Pansy Parkinson, to Hermione's delight, missed all her lessons the following day as she had sprouted antlers. [After Pansy becomes a member of the Inquisitorial Squad]
Pansy, Padma, Parvati, and Harry are called for their Charms practical OWL at the same time.
- She seems to be on a first-name basis with Parvati Patil. Parvati is the only person other than Draco to whom she refers by first name. It's Granger, Potter, Diggory, and Chang, but Parvati -- granted, this was their first year.
- Pansy is hard-faced, which I'm guessing means that her features appear to be set very rigidly. She's also described as pug-faced and pug-nosed, which I take to mean that her nose is small and squished, and her facial features are likewise. However, pug-faced does not necessarily mean ugly.
- Rita Skeeter describes her as "pretty and vivacious" which could either mean that Skeeter is the objective observer of Pansy (as opposed to Harry, who obviously dislikes her), or she's just describing Pansy in a favourable way because Pansy gave her the goods on Hermione.
- She is very distressed when Draco is injured by Buckbeak -- she cries and runs to the hospital wing to check on him.
- She likes wearing pale pink robes (if she didn't, she wouldn't have worn them to the Yule Ball)
- She reads Witch Weekly
- She admits that Hermione is smart.
- She appears to find Draco's jokes amusing; her and Draco seem to have a similar sense of humour because they laugh at the same things.
- She's been made prefect by Dumbledore (since we know it's Dumbledore who assigns prefect positions), which must mean Dumbledore knows something about Pansy that Harry and Hermione don't.
- She goes around with a gang of other Slytherin girls, and appears to be the leader of the pack.
- Pansy is more than likely one of the organisers of the Weasley Is Our King prank.
- She thinks Cedric Diggory was good-looking. She says Hermione is ugly, however, she can't help but stare when Hermione's teeth are fixed and her hair slicked back. She probably doesn't think much of Harry's physical appearance, though that remark might have been simply out of malice.
- She seems to be popular with her Slytherin girl friends.
- There are 43 mentions of Pansy altogether -- 1 in PS, 0 in CoS, 4 in PoA, and 17 in GoF, and 21 in OotP. I'm guessing that from this we can assume that we'll be seeing even more of Pansy in future books.
- Pansy cries once.
- She shrieks seven times, and screeches once.
- She giggles and laughs almost every time we see her.
- It's possible that Parvati (and thus Padma) know Pansy from before Hogwarts.
- It is not certain whether Pansy is pureblood or half-blood. JKR's notebook does not contain any information on the bloodlines of Pansy or the Patil twins, but I'm fairly certain she's unlikely to be a Muggleborn. I think she's probably a pureblood witch, otherwise Draco would probably not have taken her to the Yule Ball.
- The pale pink robes, the Witch Weekly (subscription?), the disparaging remarks about Angelina Johnson's hair, the giggling, and the gang of girls that constantly seems to surround her suggest to me that she's very much a girly girl.
- She doesn't seem to be very sensitive to the plight of non-Slytherins (or non-Draco), considering that she brings up Cedric when she sees Harry with Cho. She's more than likely to know that Cho cries over Cedric a lot, yet she still mentions Cedric.
- Her gang of girls may be a bunch of hangers-on and sycophants, or they may not be. Pansy herself is described as one of Draco's cronies, but she appears to have genuine affection for him (friendly or romantic, doesn't matter) beyond mere toadying.
- In general, she seems like a popular Slytherin because of her constantly being surrounded by her "gang" and her conducting the chorus of Weasley Is Our King at the Gryffindor vs. Slytherin match in OotP.
If you have thoughts on canon!Pansy or information from non-book sources (JKR's interviews and the like), I'd love it if you shared. I'll update this post with any other insights/trivia. If you have thoughts on Pansy as she is written in fan fiction, check out this discussion started by starrysummer.